Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Return of the Wide-Leg

Word on the street is that the wide-leg will be marching to battle this spring, threatening to finally stub out leggings, skinnies and cigarette pants. The last we saw the trend hit full scale was perhaps three years ago, and I remember it well - it was all my mum and sister bought because finally there was a trouser in trend that flattered every shape. This time, it's aiming to stay. So just for fun, I thought we'd discuss our feelings about the wide leg. And whether we're really ready to let go of our slim-fit pants at all.

This Spring, designers that include Dries Van Noten, Celine, Marc Jacobs and Derek Lam have banded together to herald the wide-leg pant.

One thing that's great about the wide-leg is that you only need a pair of heels to look lanky no matter your body shape. And it's always smart casual no matter how you spin it! But I'll admit I didn't wear the trend often the last time it raged - it projects a style that's a tad mature for me, and I've always preferred tapered ankles.

But what say you? Are wide-legs a trend you'll anticipate? Or will you keep to your leggings?

No comments:

Post a Comment